DenFur 2021 Announcement and Updates
Greetings! Based on the current city of Denver guidelines, DenFur will officially be hosted August 20th through August 22nd 2021.
Per federal guidelines, the state of Colorado, and the city of Denver, it was deemed that large public gatherings will be safe to host this coming August,given the projected guidelines. In conjunction, the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel applied for and was approved for the Denver 5 star certification program that allows large venues to host events following the strict COVID-19 guidelines in place. We are contractually obligated based on the above to host our event; however this is subject to change as guidelines change. You can view information about Denver's 5 star program here; https://www.denver.org/5-star/.
In regards to DenFur registration:
- All paid DenFur registrations for postponed events will automatically carry over to the new dates,at the same registration level.
- Should this event be postponed again, any new registrations purchased after this announcement can be refunded or transferred to the 2022 DenFur event.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we move forward into hosting events in 2021. We would like to thank everyone who has been sticking with us through this difficult time. We are looking forward to hopefully seeing everyone in the coming months. In the meantime we encourage everyone to continue to stay safe, wear masks, and visit your local state health department websites on where you can get vaccinated. Huzzah!
The following are all the COVID-19 restrictions and operations we will be putting in effect:
Disclaimer: Restrictions and Regulations are subject to change at any time. These will be updated as we receive new COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines. Any and all restrictions are a combination of City of Denver requirements, Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel and Corgi Events requirements.Refusal to comply with any of the restrictions will result in ejection from the event and hotel with no refund. If you do not wish to comply with the following regulations, do not attend.
- Any staff and attendees will be required to be vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.We are working with local, state and federal requirements on what will be necessary to prove that vaccination has been completed.
- Screening for staff and attendees daily with identification that they have been screened for contact tracing purposes required by the City of Denver.
- Any staff and attendees are required to wear a mask in any public space at all times. This includes any space inside the hotel and outside in public areas of the hotel's property. Masks must be worn correctly over the nose and mouth. Masks must be worn under costumes and fursuits. Face shields are not an acceptable alternative. Masks that require a filter that do not have a filter are not allowed. Masks with ventilation holes or patterning that allows for complete airflow will not be allowed. (when eating or drinking the mask restriction is lifted, but must be done in designated areas). Mask checks will be performed in all function spaces. A mask will be provided if needed.
- All spaces will be restricted to 50% capacity or a max of 500 people.
- Social distancing of 6ft will be maintained in all spaces.
- Theater style seating will be spaced 6ft apart.
- Tables allow for a 10 person capacity spaced 6ft apart.
- Dancing is allowed in groups of 6 with groups 6ft apart.
- Main stage front seats will be spaced 25ft away from the stage to allow performers to not wear a mask.
- Exhibit tables will be 6ft apart.
- Food and Beverage: all items will be served by an attendant or will be pre-packaged. Areas will be designated for food and beverage consumption.
- Signature on a participate at your own risk form alongside agreeing to covid-19 regulations.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations available throughout the convention space.
- Hourly cleaning and sanitizing will be performed in all spaces and between events.
- Congregation in public spaces will only be allowed in designated seating areas.
- Staff will be provided with masks, hand sanitizer bottles with a refill station,sanitizing equipment for sanitation between equipment use. Gloves will be provided if wanted. Temperature will be checked each day. Staff rooms will be limited capacity if requested. All staff food and drinks provided from Corgi Events will be pre-packaged.
As per Denver's current regulations, at risk populations and persons with a heightened risk of exposing others to COVID-19 (I.E not vaccinated) cannot attend an in person event.
Moving forward, we will be rapidly updating our web site with new information, deadlines, and applications regarding dealers, panels, dance competition, DJs, artist alley, ect. We will also be updating our registration and hotel room page, with adequate warning as to when both will be opening. Please be patient as we move forward as rapidly as we can. Huzzah!
DenFur 2021 Convention Chair
We would like to announce that Boiler has accepted the position of Convention Chair for DenFur 2021 and beyond. We are excited to bring a local into this position. Find his announcement here;
We would like to also happily announce that Corgi Events LLC as a company will be moving towards becoming a non-profit organization, or a 501c3. We are working with a lawyer to make this transition. As of right now, we do not have a specific timeline on when this will come into effect, but we are working swiftly at making this happen as soon as we are able, and will post updates as soon as we have them.
Important URLs and Contact Information
Telegram Announcement Channel: https://t.me/DenFurOfficial